Saturday, September 7, 2013

Peanut Sauce with Meat (Kuah Kacang Berdaging)

Photobucket

Assalamualaikum and hello,

Still in the Eid mood. I am sharing with you a must have dish for Eid in my part of the world. It is called Peanut Sauce with Meat (Kuah Kacang Berdaging). The meat is optional. Some people prefer the sauce without the meat. This is good to have with Satay (Grilled skewered meat) and compressed rice or Nasi Impit as we called it.

Peanut Sauce with Meat (Kuah Kacang Berdaging) is like 2 in 1 kind of dish. Save us time making the Satay. Of course with Satay it would be marvelous beyond words :)

Here's the video






Here's the recipe
Peanut Sauce with Meat (Kuah Kacang Berdaging)

Ingredients:

The chilli paste:
20 pcs dried red chillies (boiled)
3 big onions
6 lemon grass
2 in ginger
2 in galanghal
6 cloves garlic
1 in shrimp paste (belacan)
1/2 cup water

Blend all with half cup of water

2 pcs kafir lime leaf (slice thinly)
4 pcs turmeric leaf (slice thinly)
400 gm meat (boiled and cubed/bite pieces)
300 gm kerisek (about a cup)
1 litre coconut milk
1 tbs turmeric powder
1/2 cup tamarind juice
2 cups pounded roasted peanuts
1 palm sugar (cut into small pcs) or 1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dried shrimps (pounded)
3/4 cup oil
2 cups water
salt to taste

Photobucket


Method:
1) Heat oil and fry chilli paste until aromatic and oil separates
2) Add tamarind juice,turmeric powder, dried shrimps,half of coconut milk, kerisek and 1 cup of water.Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Add the palm sugar,salt,the rest of the coconut milk and simmer again for about 5 minutes.
4) Add in half of the peanut first and stir. Then add in the rest of peanut,kafir lime leaf, turmeric leaf and meat. Add in a cup of water and simmer again for 5 minutes.
5) Ready to serve after tasting and adjusting the salt,sugar and sourness to your liking.


Photobucket


Enjoy


Till we meet again take care of yourself and do try Peanut Sauce with Meat (Kuah Kacang Berdaging).



I leave you with this beautiful number Kiss the Rain.







Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Umi

source of Kiss the Rain:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zmriri

12 comments:

  1. Hi Umi,
    I loved peanut sauce.
    Satay vendors prepare the sauce usually for chicken satay and not for lamb meat. However I always choose peanut sauce for any satay.
    I never tried the peanut sauce with meat kuah, I must try it.
    What happened to the nuclear reactor in France is frightening.

    Thank you for sharing Umi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @H.Nizam

    So do I,I love peanut sauce. I even have it with bread LOL.

    Ya, I hate to think the worst.Hope not, we have enough bad events for 2011 as it is.
    Thank you for stopping by Harry,always glad to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would love to try this dish. I'm used to eating Malaysian and Indonesian foods coz I'm working with a lot of Malaysians and Indonesians in my place. I love spicy foods, too. Back in the Philippines, I had this friend who always bring me packs of Malaysian curry powder and it's just so awesome!

    Have a great day Umi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krizza

    Thats wonderful. Do try it. I hope you can get the ingredients

    Thank you dear for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamualaikum sis...
    great cooking blog!
    very impressed with your diligence and effort....keep it up!

    I love kuah kacang daging very much! yummy yummy!

    Selamat Hari Raya dari E-na..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is good with content friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam..
    moga anda sihat seisi keluarga..
    ermmm..kuah kacang nih saya kurang
    sikit kalau ada pilihan yang lain..
    tak tahu kenapa..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gaga over peanuts, and I'm thrilled each time you post a dish that uses peanut sauce. Happy cooking, umihoney :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lovely Kitchen
    W/salam sis
    Thank you for the kind comments and encouragement.
    Happy Eid to you too sis.

    Thank you for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ecambodia
    Thank you for the compliment
    Your blog has very good content

    Thank you for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  11. @zulkbo
    w/salam

    Ya kita masing2 punya kegemaran dan sebaliknya.
    Terima kasih sudi singgah

    ReplyDelete
  12. @teecup

    I too love peanuts :)
    Thank you dear for the kind words always and your support.Appreciate that from a pro like you.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...