Saturday, September 7, 2013

Traditional Malay Banana Pancake (Lempeng Pisang)

Photobucket

Dear Readers,
Salam Ramadhan and hello everyone.

I am sharing a very common traditional Malay sweet dish for breakfast and afternoon tea called Banana Pancake or Lempeng Pisang in Bahasa Malaysia. It can be eaten as is however it is better to have it with curry. The banana that I have used is the sweet Sugar Banana or Pisang Emas. If you prefer this pancake to be sweeter you can always add sugar.This banana is already sweet so I didn't put any sugar.

So here's the video.



Here's the recipe
TRADITIONAL MALAY BANANA PANCAKE(LEMPENG PISANG)

20 pcs. banana (mashed)
1 and 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
2tsp salt
150 gm flour
some butter/ghee for frying


Photobucket

Method:

1) Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl well.
2) Heat the pan and place a bit of butter to grease the pan
3) Scoop the batter onto the pan and smooth it to a round shape.
4) When both sides are brown with slight burnt mark remove from pan and serve with curry.
Note: There will be a slight burn due to the bananna so keep the fire at medium low.

Enjoy



Photobucket

MY THOUGHTS

First day of Ramadhan and I am so tired after the breaking of fast. So I see you soon. Take care.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Umi

11 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum,

    I love banana and banana pancake but I never tried it with curry. Hmmmmm ..... from the look on your photo I can imagine that it would taste good!

    Thanks for sharing Umi, and happy fasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bestnyerrr ..lempeng pisanggggggggg..like///

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Harry Nizam
    W/salam Harry

    Try it ..its better to eat it with curry :)
    Thank you Harry for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @currentlife2u
    Hi,

    Yup always the simple taste the best.Try make it dear :)
    Thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananas are very filling, so I imagine this recipe to be quite a treat as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @teecup
    Hi teecup
    What a pleasure to see you here my friend. Ya this pancake is filling. Its taken for breakfast in the morning before the days activities begin.Long ago the work was almost always physical hence traditional Malay breakfast are quite heavy and filling.
    Thank you my friend for dropping by

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam...
    ha..tu dia masakan
    masa kecik2 dulu..
    yum..yum..tak lapuk
    dek hujan tak lekang
    de panas..resepi sepanjang
    zaman..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always my pleasure, umihoney. Thanks to you and your blog, I've now developed an interest in food preparation. One day I might actually find the courage to try out the simple recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @zulkbo

    hahaha ..betul tu nostalgia masa lampau
    terima kasih sudi mampir

    ReplyDelete
  10. @teecup
    You can do it my friend.I know you can :)
    Thank you for being so supportive and kind. Meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lagi info tentang pisang di SIHAT SELALU - Khasiat Pisang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...