Saturday, July 16, 2011
Savoury French Toast (Roti Goreng Pedas)
Assalamualaikum and hello to my readers.In the last post, I have shared with you the Baked Chicken Bread. This time, the bread is fried instead of baked.
I am sharing with you the recipe for a delightfully simple to make,Savoury French Toast. This savoury dish is suitable for afternoon teas and tea parties. I just love finger food and this one is so good to eat as is or with chilli sauce. We can use tuna or sardine. For those who are not partial to fish can use mince chicken or mince meat. Lets watch the video.
Here's the recipe:
10 pieces of sandwich bread (remove the sides and cut into 4)
1 tin sardine/tuna
1 big onion (chopped finely)
1 fresh red chilli (chopped finely)
1 fresh green chilli (chpped finely)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped finely)
salt and pepper to taste
enough oil for frying.
1) Place the sardine in a mixing bowl. Mash them with a fork.
2) Add in onions,spring onion,chillies,salt and 1 egg.
3) Fold the mixture until they combine well.
4) Using a fork, place a small amount of the sardine mixture on the bread pieces.
5) Whisk the 7 eggs and dip the bread pieces.
6) Heat the oil and fry the bread pieces until golden brown.
7) Drain on rice paper or muslin cloth before serving.
7) Serve with chilli sauce.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan