Saturday, January 30, 2010

ANOTHER WEDDING

Photobucket
MASJID SULTAN MIZAN

It has been one wedding after another since last year October till today for my family and relatives. I attended yet another wedding today. The 'akad nikah' or marriage vows was held in the morning at the magnificent Sultan Mizan mosque in Putrajaya with a fantastic view of the lake. The wedding reception was held at the Seri Hendon Hall; also in Putrajaya.

Photobucket




After the marriage vow ceremony we attended the breakfast reception. The dishes were Nasi Impit with peanut sauce, Yellow Glutinous Rice with Sambal, Fried Rice Noodles or mee hoon, Roti Jala or Net Pancake with Beef Curry, Curry Puff, Kueh Lapis or Layered Rice Kueh and Kueh Cara Berlauk or savoury Kueh Cara with coffee and tea.

Photobucket
THE VIEW FROM INSIDE THE MOSQUE

The food at the wedding reception was fantastic. The chef is a friend from Perak therefore the dishes were mainly Perak style. We were served with Nasi Minyak (buttered Basmati rice), Dalca, Spicy Fried Chicken, Udang Masak Merah (Chiili Prawns), Beef Rendang Tok, Masak Lemak Tempoyak Ikan Patin (Fish in Coconut Gravy with fermented durian) and Cucumber Salad. For the dessert we were served with Bubur Cha Cha, Teh Tarik (pulled white tea), water melon, Red Sweet Sherbet,Fruit Cake, Curry Puff and Tapai Pulut (fermented sweet glutinous rice).

I'd like to share the wedding with you my friends..so enjoy ya.



Have a fun and safe weekends ya. Take care.

Salam
Umi

11 comments:

  1. Hi umihoney, what a unique experience for me. I never have seen the inside of a mosque let alone part of a wedding ceremony. The mosque is beautiful, and such elaborate outfits the bride and groom had, and those chairs they get to sit on. Wow! Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy 'The Wedding'...
    Very interesting!!
    Thx for sharing, umihoney...

    ReplyDelete
  3. David thank you for visiting. I'm glad you have enjoyed the video.It's my pleasure to share the occasion with my friends here.Have a good weekend David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nensa Moon,you're welcome my friend. I'm happy that you have enjoyed the video.Thank you for your comment and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Umi,

    Great mosque with great view and yummy food. WOW! Salam sejahtera bagi anda sekeluarga.

    PS:
    My father was posted with our embassy in KL from '79 till 83. Every year I visited my parent, brothers & sisters for 1 month. Between '79-'81 they lived at a beautiful home in PJ. I prefer to go through Damansara height passing through what now become Putrajaya if I am not wrong. '81-83 they moved to a residential area close to Ampang area, not far from our embassy at Jalan Pekelilingan (that time).

    Last time I went there was on business in 1990.
    I heard there has been lots of changes there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nizam thank you for visiting.Yes KL and the suburbs have changed so much since the 80's and 90's. Putrajaya is very near to our current airport in Sepang and the Sepang F1 track.We can also go to Bangi,Kajang,Seremban and Port Dickson from here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating! And what a beautiful place to have a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you nothingprofound for visiting and your comments.Good to see you here.Ya,the place is indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Umi, this is an eye opener and another feast for the mind. Cheers always!

    The Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jovir,thank you for making the time to visit and comment.I'm glad the video is beneficial to you.Cheers to you too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...