This is the last recipe for the year 2009. It has been a pleasure for me and my dedicated video photographer Jaja to produce umidishes for all of you my dear readers. I look forward to another productive year and many years to come.
Not many people likes vegetables especially children. Cooking vegetable dishes can be quite a challenge. In this outing I am sharing with you a delicious vegetable dish that hopefully the children wouldn't refuse :)
BLACK PEPPER BEEF WITH VEGETABLES
500gm meat or chicken (wash and cut thinly into small bite size)
3 cloves garlic (slice thinly)
1 in ginger (slice thinly)
1 stalk spring onion (cut into rough 1in. size lengthwise)
1 big onion (cut thinly into rings)
3 potato (cut into small thin pieces and fry)
2 cups processed peas
1 tomato (cut into wedges)
2 fresh red chillies (cut into thin slices)
100gm cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
100gm fresh button mushroom (canned mushroom if not available)
1/2 carrot (cut into thin strips)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
salt to taste
Black pepper sauce
Mixed the followings with a cup of water:
2tbs black pepper (pounded coarsely)
2tbs coriander powder
2tbs corn flour
3tbs black soya sauce
1) Heat the wok and put in the oil.
2) Fry garlic and ginger until slightly brown.
3) Add in the meat. Let it simmer until the juice starts to appear.
4) Add in mushrooms, cauliflower, carrot, onions, peas, potatoes, the black pepper sauce and salt.
5) Stir in well and add in the chillies, tomatoes and spring onion.
6) When the sauce has boiled remove from the stove and serve.
This dish is quick to prepare and quite well balanced. It is a meal by itself or can be eaten with rice. Hope you will try it. Take care of yourself ya. Bon apetit.